2/2/12

Iranian table tennis players qualify for Olympics

c_330_235_16777215_0___images_stories_jan02_12_13-2.jpg

TEHRAN – Two Iranian table tennis players Noshad Alamian and Neda Shahsavari qualified for the 2012 Olympic Games on Wednesday. 

Neda Shahsavari defeated Yelena Shagarova from Kazakhstan 4-1 at the Middle Asia Olympic Qualification Tournament in Tehran, Iran.

Shahsavari is the first Iranian woman table tennis player who will represent her country in Olympic.  

“I am so happy, not because of who I am the first Iranian woman would participate in Olympic, but because for Iranian women table tennis players. I had lost to my rival at the Dahe-ye Fajr and I got revenge on her,” Shahsavari said. 

Noshad Alamian also booked a berth in the upcoming Olympic after defeating his countryman Mohammad-Reza Akhlaghpasand 4-2.